MORRISVILLE, NC — GrapeCity PowerTools today announced the availability of Service Pack 2 for award-winning ActiveReports 6 with a number of significant enhancements that include support for Silverlight reporting and enhanced Windows Azure reporting in both full and partial trust modes.
Designed for Microsoft Silverlight 4 and higher, the ActiveReports Silverlight report viewer is designed to be easy to use, customize and localize for fast deployments. It is licensed for use with the Professional Edition and includes these features:
- Loads reports from a file, document stream, ASPX page, RPX Handler, or WCF service.
- Provides end-users with a toolbar with Table of Contents (TOC), Thumbnails, Print, Search, Zoom, and Navigation buttons, plus you can add your own custom buttons.
- Supports Silverlight printing and adds a print-to-PDF option.
- Allows full UI customization via XAML templates with six pre-customized themes - included.
- Enables custom localization via resource files (*.resx), with Chinese, Japanese and Russian pre-localized satellite assemblies included.
- Supports out-of-browser viewing.
Learn more about the ActiveReports Silverlight Report Viewer:
Introduction | Walkthrough | Localize | Customize | Print to PDF
ActiveReports 6 Service Pack 2 also adds support for Windows Azure reporting in partial trust mode and improves on the support for the full trust mode. Enhancements include:
- Azure partial trust mode is supported with standard platform limitations.
- Microsoft Excel export is supported in Azure full trust mode.
- PDF digital signatures are now supported in Azure full trust mode.
Learn more about ActiveReports support for Windows Azure reporting:
Introduction | Medium Trust Support
With the latest release, ActiveReports is the only .NET reporting tool to support viewing, browsing and printing reports in Windows Azure, Silverlight, ASP.NET, Windows Forms and Adobe Flash, all in one convenient package.